Thursday, June 06, 2013

Book:Wish ( Faerieground #1)

First off I would like to say that yes this is younger than YA. But I like to do younger reviews here and there.
I would like to say that the art in this book is beautiful and I have to say the best part of the book. It is was beautiful and creative.it was a very cool mix of different kinds of art and I think that readers will love it. The whole art of books and the way it is done makes me think of books like Hugo and Wonderstruck.I feel that many fans of those books will love this.I had read in some reviews that people found this book better than Wonderstuck or Hugo and I have to disagree. This book was very good but I think that those are beautiful masterpieces.BUt I really liked this one. It had a very real feeling behind it. I have to say that I love how its told from both girls point of views. It adds a nice almost poem like feel to the book.I liked a lot of things about this book and feel that younger readers would like it as well. It would be a great book for young readers who do not like to read yet and like darker fairy stories. There is something really cool here with the friendship and the way that the story is told. I think that it is one that girls will fall in love with. I find it so nice to read a story for young girls that tells them how much they can hurt a friend when they kiss or flirt with their friends crush. Its handled very nicely in this book.
But to tell the truth I was rather let down by the end. I was hoping for something ... different. I felt like the book had such a good start that I would have liked a good ending as well. And one that did not just lead in the next book.I wish that there might have been a little twist. Something that I did not see coming.
Still I feel like young readers will really like it. I know I would have when I was younger. It would make a wonderful gift.

( Kids - 8 and up)

Stars: * * 2.9



I was given a copy of the book by the publisher. This did not in anyway effect my review or thoughts on the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails