Sunday, March 16, 2014

Book: Endless

Of course I like most people was drawn to this book based on the Romanov fact. I grew up thinking about them. Having seen the children's movie it was something that took over many of my childhood daydreams. 
And add this books beautiful cover and I was hooked. 
The story itself was rather bumpy at times. However on the whole I have to say I liked it.  I have to say that I pretty pleased with the build up of the story and the characters. Though it was pretty slow placed and the characters at first seemed pretty thin, I think that there is a lot hope for the next book in the series . One thing I must note that I loved how much of the story that was in Russia had to do with Maria. I feel she is often forgotten about when we talk about the Romanov story/legend. 
Also the writing was also much better than I had thought it would be. I thought that it might be lacking on  when it came to using adjectives, I was very pleased that this was not the case.
However I did feel at times that the author was unsure of where the book was going. There was lots of questions and details that didn't add up. Now having read many time travel books like this myself I'm hoping that the next book in the series will clear some of that up. But still just reading this book I found it all a little annoying and off putting at times. 

Over all I think that this book has a very interesting take on past lives and I cannot wait to read the next book. 
I would tell you readers that if you are on the fence about this book it might be best to see how good the next book is before diving into this series. 


( YA- 14 and up )

Stars: * * *  3.5                                 LEVEL:  PAST LIFE OR TIME TRAVEL 





I was given a copy of the book by the publisher for an honest review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be sure to write back as soon as I can so try to check back. and feel free to ask to me any questions you have :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails